As some of you know, I did not henna my hair at all this summer.  I really didn't feel as though my hair needed the extra strength and I was happy with the color I had.  Fast forward and now it's the beginning of Fall and I relaxed my hair about two weeks ago, the color is not as vibrant and I'm ready to start using henna again.  


So last night I took the plunge!  Plus, I made a video for you guys.  It shows how I apply the henna to my hair.  The video is less than 4 minutes too!  After I wrapped it all up, I watched TV and then headed to bed.  The henna was on my hair for about 10 hours before I rinsed it out this morning.  Currently, I'm steaming my hair with a deep conditioner.  I'll keep you posted on the results.  


The Henna Recipe: 
Punjabi Prime from Mehandi.com 
6-8oz. Green Tea
Large dollop of honey 
2 squirts of lemon juice 
Generous amount of EVOO 


Items mentioned in the video: 
Product used for protecting skin - Mizani Butter Blend Butter Base
Plastic Cap & Gauze for sealing the edge of the plastic cap 
PrettyWrap as the scarf (quick note on the prettywrap, it's unavailable for purchase currently, I'm trying to find out what happened with the company) 
Metal Clips and a Fishtail comb for sectioning

Popular Posts