I saw this photo and I was reminded how I make my easy relaxed curls.  Basically, I take my already straight hair and roll it up using two fingers and then pin it in place.  I do this all over my head until it looks like the above photo.  I leave it like that while I get ready to go out, think shower, get dressed, do makeup.  The last step before I go out is to take each clip out and finger comb my hair into place.  Afterwards, I have big relaxed looking curls.  

This works so much better if you use a little bit of heat first.  So if you are blowdrying your hair in sections, once you finish a section roll it up, or if you are flat ironing - after you finish a piece roll it up while it's still warm.  But of course you don't have to use heat, you can just roll up your hair and then give it a very little mist of leave-in conditioner, followed by a light hair spray.  The objective is to set it, not make your hair wet.  

Popular Posts