Facials are an essential part of a healthy skin care regimen.  I always talk so much about hair care here, but I'm also really into skin care.  Sure makeup can cover flaws, but the best makeup looks start with a flawless canvas.  Before the Huetiful Steamer came into my life I used to fill up the sink in my bathroom and add boiling water from my tea kettle to the sink, throw a towel over my head, and allow the steam to hit my face.  It was just a ghetto way of doing it, I though it worked well until I got a real deal steamer.  Don't get me wrong, it'll do but this is so much better.  Anyway, here is how I go about doing my at home facial treatment.  


Step 1:  Cleanse skin thoroughly using my Clarisonic Pro Sonic Skin Cleansing Brushand my favorite cleanser.  Which cleanser I use depends on what my skin is doing at that moment.  For breakouts I like Proactiv Solution Original Renewing Cleanser and for normal skin I like Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish.    
Step 2:  Steam skin to open pores.  If you want to add a drop or two of your favorite essential oil into the Huetiful Hair and Facial Steamer you can do that.  I steam my face for about 15-20 minutes and then I apply an exfoliating treatment to my skin and steam a little more.  My favorite is Kate Somerville ExfoliKate Exfoliating TreatmentStep 3: Rinse off the exfoliating treatment and massage on a mask.  My favorite mask is MD Forte Skin Rejuvenation Hydra Masque.  Let that sit for 10-15 minutes, then rinse.  
Step 4:  Moisturize thoroughly.  After I do this facial treatment I usually use a heavier moisturizing cream because I want to help my skin stay supple.   
    

Popular Posts