So somewhere along the way I learned about the holistic wonders of Tea Tree Oil for skin conditions like acne, fungal infections, bacterial infections and it's also a great way to keep your scalp healthy.  Since tea tree oil is a natural antibacterial disinfectant sort of product it's not wonder that my favorite use for Tea Tree Oil was applying a tiny bit with a Q-Tip to a pimple to help shrink it down and clear it up, but now I've been adding a drop or two to the water for my pre-poo sessions and I'm loving it.  Not only does the steam smell great but I've heard that breathing in steam with tea tree oil in it can help with asthma, bronchitis, etc.  Anyway, I have neither of those conditions but I have a funky scalp that can act up sometimes so I figured adding Tea Tree Oil to my pre-poos can also serve as a scalp treatment.  So I'm not only giving my hair a treat by pre-pooing with steam, I'm giving my scalp a treat by steaming with tea tree oil.  






Steaming alone can help with dandruff so adding tea tree oil to the steam gives dandruff a real one-two punch!  Which brings me to another reason why the Huetiful Hair Steamer is such a great steamer, you can add essential oils to your water and it does not harm the steamer.  With my big steamer, I could only use distilled water with NO additives which was really a bummer so not only did I buy this large steamer I have to keep on buying distilled water to add it?  The Huetiful safely takes tap water which is awesome!  


The Tea Tree Oil Scalp Treatment Steps: 


1. Give your scalp a really good massage to loosen up anything on your scalp 
2. Apply Coconut Oil or whatever oil you like to the length of your hair and clip it up very loosely
3. Add 2-3 drops of Tea Tree Oil into your Huetiful Steamer, start steaming, and ENJOY! 

Popular Posts